Cacao is a perennial tree crop that primarily comes from three tropical regions; Southeast Asia, Latin America, and West Africa. It provides livelihood for millions of people globally. The tree produces cocoa beans which are harvested, dried, processed and sold as chocolate.
Due to the regions in which cocoa is grown, abiotic stress is a reducing factor in yield potential. The application of MelioraTM (sold by UPL as Banzai BonusTM) increases yield, which reduces the land required for cocoa production, allowing growers to diversify into other crops.
Benefits of Meliora and Banzai Bonus on cocoa production
- Average yield uplift of 37% in West Africa and a similar increase in Indonesia.
- Significantly reduces flower abortion and pod drop.
- Increases yield, even when used in high input systems with fertilisers and crop protection products.
- Consistent efficacy with successive use over multiple years.
- No detrimental effect on bean quality.
- Compatibility with other agrochemical foliar sprays.