Tomatoes and other greenhouse edibles
Tomatoes and other greenhouse edibles, including peppers and aubergine, often suffer from blossom end rot. This is caused by calcium deficiency in distal parts of fruits due to limited water movement. As calcium is required for cell wall and membrane stability, a lack of calcium can cause localised cell death on the bottom of fruits. By applying biostimulant products that optimise the availability and distribution of calcium, such as Plant Impact's FortalisTM and InCaTM, growers have observed a reduction in calcium disorders, leading to improved crop quality.
Benefits of InCa and Fortalis on tomatoes and other greenhouse edibles
- Improved crop quality, storage and shelf life.
- Increased calcium content.
- Reduction of blossom end rot.
- Less crop waste and more marketable yields.
- Compatibility with other AgChem foliar sprays.