Tree fruit, such a pome fruit (apples and pears) and stone fruit (such as cherries and plums) can be prone to calcium disorders. The fruit have a high demand for calcium, while availability may be limited due to low fruit transpiration. As a result apples may be prone to bitter pit, and cherries may be prone to splitting/cracking. By applying biostimulants that optimise calcium mobility and distribution, such as Plant Impact's AmētrosTM , InCaTM, and FortalisTM, growers have observed a reduced incidence of calcium disorders.
Benefits of Amētros, InCa and Fortalis on tree fruit
- Improved crop quality, storage and shelf-life.
- Reduction of bitter pit and other calcium disorders.
- Less crop waste and more marketable yield.
- Compatibility with other AgChem foliar sprays.
- Application flexibility due to reduced risk of scorch.