Meliora™ (sold by UPL as Banzai BonusTM) is a foliar spray containing a Plant Impact technology, used to enhance yield by increasing resistance to abiotic stress.
Benefits of Meliora and Banzai Bonus on cocoa production:
- Average yield uplift of 37% in West Africa and a similar increase in Indonesia.
- Significantly reduces flower abortion and pod drop.
- Increases yield, even when used in high input systems with fertilisers and crop protection products.
- Consistent efficacy with successive use over multiple years.
- No detrimental effect on bean quality.
- Compatibility with other agrochemical foliar sprays.
Cocoa yield uplift
Meliora has been tested on over 200 locations in West Africa, with a combination of replicated trials and large demonstration trials. As shown on the graph, the average yield uplift over four years of testing was 300 kg/ha of dry beans, which equates to 37%. More data can be found on the data sheet.
Benefits and potential of Banzai Bonus
Watch this podcast from UPL featuring Laura Bishop from our Plant Impact team talking about the benefits and potential of Banzai on cocoa production.
Recommended crops for Meliora
Want more information?