Lettuce and leafy salad
Lettuce and leafy salad crops come in a wide range of varieties and are grown in many different production systems. Calcium deficiency is a key problem in lettuce and leafy salad, leading to disorders like tip burn or internal breakdown, which greatly reduces marketable yield. By applying biostimulant products that optimise calcium mobility and distribution such as FortalisTM and InCaTM, growers have observed a reduction in calcium deficiencies, improving storage longevity.
Benefits of InCa, InCa Plus, and Fortalis on lettuce and leafy salads
- Improved crop quality, storage and shelf-life.
- Increased head weight.
- Increased calcium content.
- Reduction of tip burn and calcium disorders.
- Less crop waste and more marketable yield.
- Compatibility with other AgChem foliar sprays.
Tip burn reduction in lettuce
Inner leaves were assessed for tip burn symptoms in a trial. The heads treated with InCa showed a 5% average reduction in instances compared to the control. More data can be found in the data sheet.